SOWRA exists to:
- Advance the standards of regional anaesthesia and pain management.
- Encourage awareness of regional anaesthesia and pain management amongst the general public.
- Provide a forum for regional anaesthetic enthusiasts within the south west region to meet and network
- Provide training and educational updates in regional anaesthesia and pain management techniques.
- Promoting research in all areas of regional anaesthetic practice.
South West Regional Anaesthesia Course
Every year (usually in November) SOWRA runs the popular South West Regional Anaesthesia Course.
The next course will be held on 25th and 26th November 2021 in Plymouth.
Subsidised places (50% discount) are offered for South West Penninsula Deanery trainees.
There is a 15% discount available for RA-UK members, and the course counts as a general qualifying (non-cadaver) course for the European Diploma in Regional Anaesthesia (EDRA).
Further details are available here
SOWRA Research Grants
Applications are now invited for research grants up to the value of £1000 to support clinical research projects related to regional anaesthesia.
More information available here.
The SOWRA Board of Trustees
The current SOWRA board of trustees are:
|Chairman:||Dr Matt Oldman||(Plymouth)|
|Secretary:||Dr Ross Vanstone||(Plymouth)|
|Treasurer:||Dr Kim Chishti||(Plymouth)|
|Trustee||Dr Andy McEwen||(Torbay)|
|Trustee||Dr Roger Langford||(Truro)|
|Trustee||Dr Iain Christie||(Plymouth)|